LIGHT Helmets offers reconditioning services for all LIGHT and SG Helmets at our global headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
LIGHT Helmets extends a 5-year shell warranty from the date of purchase. LIGHT Helmets must be reconditioned once every two (2) years to maintain all warranties on the LIGHT Helmet.
Standard reconditioning options include:
Level 1: $88 + shipping
- Breakdown, inspection and sanitizing of all parts of the helmet.
- Shell will be sanded and repainted.
- Liner will be cleaned.
- Fit pads may be left in the liner or taken out at customer’s request.
- Comfort Kit replaced.
- Facemask will be replaced.
- Hardware will be cleaned and/or replaced.
- Jaw pads will be replaced.
- Trim will be replaced.
Level 2: $60 + shipping
- Same service as Level 1; however, the facemask will not be replaced.
Level 3: $30 + shipping
- Breakdown and inspection of all parts of the helmet.
NOTE: Additional charges may apply for custom paint colors for the helmet.
To submit your LIGHT or SG Helmet for recondition:
- Fill out the appropriate Recondition Form at LIGHTHelmets.com/recondition including selection of a recondition Level
- Send your helmet(s) to: LIGHT HELMETS, 5670 El Camino Real, Suite B, Carlsbad, CA 92008. Include the recondition form with your helmet.
- A LIGHT Helmet representative will follow up to confirm your order, confirm final charges/payment and provide a projected delivery time once an initial inspection of the helmet is completed.
PLEASE ALLOW 8 WEEKS FOR RECONDITIONING
ALL MOUTHPIECES, VISORS, CHINCUP SLEEVES AND OTHER ACCESSORIES SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE HELMET PRIOR TO SUBMISSION. LIGHT HELMETS WILL NOT RETURN THESE ACCESSORIES IF THEY ARE NOT REMOVED FROM THE HELMET.
ALL TEAM OR MULTI-HELMET ORDERS SHOULD FILL OUT THE ATTACHED TEAM FORM AND IDENTIFY ANY HELMET BY HELMET RECONDITION INSTRUCTIONS.